Seeing the sun rise from 346m above sea level can be quite the experience. That’s why I’m excited to announce this special winter sunrise meetup at the CN Tower’s main observatory level!
If you already know the details and want to purchase your ticket, please click the button below. You will be redirected to CN Tower’s website. If the option for “Sunrise Photography” is not available once you select the Date/Time button, then all tickets have been sold out.
There’s more to capturing the city from above at this sunrise meetup! Think of all the possibilities when you’re that high up! With floor-to-ceiling windows spanning the entire observatory, you’ll have 360 degree views of Toronto, walking around on those shiny new floors!
The city lights will be a glow as you arrive up the elevators, letting you soak in the city during twilight hours. If Mother Nature is in a good mood, we’ll see some spectacular colours just before the sun creeps near the horizon. As the sunrise time approaches and the sun makes its way above the horizon, you’ll get to witness the first light cast its warm glow across the city landscape. You just can’t get this view anywhere else!
The fun doesn’t stop there though! Get your creative juices flowing with fun silhouette shots of people against the window once the sun is above the horizon!
Who: Any sunrise enthusiast, up to 50 people
What: Special Winter Sunrise Meetup at the CN Tower
When: Monday January 30, 2023, doors open at 6:00am
Where: Meet at the base of the CN Tower entrance for 6:00am. Doors open around 6:00am, and I will go up with the first group of people who are there. If you come later, please show your ticket to the person at the door to go up. Everybody should be up by about 7:00am so they can see the colours of the sunrise (fingers crossed we will see some colour). Doors should be open for all ticket holders but I encourage everyone to be up by 7:00am. Sunrise is at 7:37am.
Costs: Tickets are $79 plus HST per person.
This is a special event so the CN Tower is only open for our group, giving us exclusive access to the observatory!
- VIP sunrise access to the observation deck only
- Coffee and pastries at the top!
- Complimentary ticket to a future visit up the tower!
- Tripod allowance (1 per person)
- No time limit
- A Good Time!
After taking photos of the sunrise and city, we’ll take a group photo. For those that need to get to work, you can make your way down. Our group has access to the observation deck only, but you can stay as long as you want. The general public will start coming up from 9:30am.
- Tripods are allowed if you want to bring them! They are making a special exception for our group. One tripod per person please.
- No outside food or drinks please
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable
- Please find your own parking. I believe there are Green P lots in the area, in addition to the underground parking lot for the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.
- Please behave yourselves and don’t do anything silly like break the glass! The CN Tower is making a very special exception for our group and we want to make a good impression on them.
If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know! Otherwise, click the button below to buy your tickets directly on the CN Tower’s website!